the questions, observations, laments, psalms, classic anecdotes, prayers, & stories of jeremiah aja. enjoy it like a sweaty plastic cup filled with strawberry lemonade & crushed ice.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

yesterday, he died


On Wednesday's chapel I snapped this picture. I have never seen anything or been a part of anything like it- all of the Christ elements in Estes chapel were recessed out the back door and a black cloth was draped over a cross, perched on a naked, cold table. The starkest of stark contrasts of the light though the window cuts to highlight the body bag veiling the cross. Underneath the mystery is etched "This do in remembrance of me."
It has really cut me deep this year. He died. Dead. There was a funeral for him, a shoddy one that ended in somebody else's coffin, but still. Someone whom over the past year I have gotten to know so much better, Someone whom I am now beginning to make sense of how much He loves me, Someone who has walked with me and been with me every stride through a very tough 2008 is dead. Honestly, for the first time it hit me like this, my best friend, truest friend, most amazing companion has been gruesomely killed. Certainly, He's so much more, but for this year it felt like the One that loves me the most died yesterday. He's gone, only pictures, memories, and stories remain. It seems Fridays will never be the same. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

from wilmore, with Love.

1 comment:

Sean Gafner said...

DUDE! THAT'S NOT A "LAST BLOG IN APRIL" BLOG...THATS A BLOG THAT SITS THERE FOR TWO DAYS JACKING UP EVERYBODY THAT READS IT AND THEN YOU POST A BLOG SAYING: HE HAS RISEN!!! AND EVERYBODY COMMENTS: HE HAS RISEN INDEED!!! I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG CUZ IT FOR ME IS THE LITTLE PIECE OF J-FIZZLE THAT I NEED, BUT YOU GOTTA UPDATE...I GET THAT YOU GOTTA TIP A FOATY FOR THE HOMIES THAT PASSED AWAY, BUT THIS ONE IS ALIVE!!! HE IS DOING TO MUCH IN YOU AND IN ME TO NOT BE ALIVE AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!