the questions, observations, laments, psalms, classic anecdotes, prayers, & stories of jeremiah aja. enjoy it like a sweaty plastic cup filled with strawberry lemonade & crushed ice.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I have a problem

It happens so often and I just need to come out with it so that I can be called on it if/when I do it again. Here goes. It's a bit lengthy to explain. Try and follow me here:

Anytime someone aggressively recommends a movie to me,
and
even loans it to me for an indefinite period of time for me to watch it,
and
I happen to wholehearted trust their aesthetic judgment
and
their longstanding record of liking some really cool stuff...

I don't watch it for at least a month, maybe even two months.
AND THEN
I hate myself for waiting that long because the movie was INCREDIBLE and I deprived myself of immense enjoyment for 6-8 weeks.


It happened again with this one, oh man did it happen -
Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing and Charm School
I know, from the title of it, you may want to wait that long too. Don't. Netflix/Blockbuster it immediately. I will give you this in advance, "You're welcome."

Teaser
- It paints a beautiful picture of redemption like I haven't seen in a very long time. Beautifully written, beautifully shot. Amazing story.

from wilmore, with Love.

3 comments:

Jessamine County Young Life said...

we are just happy that you enjoyed it

Laurie J. said...

I have a similar problem. Last night I saw the movie Slumdog Millionaire, and today I feel like an evangelist for it. HIGHLY recommend it for about a million reasons, including "tidy World View" smackdown, amazingly drawn characters, more compelling than the one paragraph I had read about it could ever convey, drama, pathos, humor, incredible sadness, fabulous cinematography... It was intense for me- I don't want to see it again, but I have to put it on my list of one of the best movies I've ever seen. Anyhow - if you guys ever get a chance..!
lj

jeremiah said...

I have heard similar great things- thanks for confessing/recommending friend!