the questions, observations, laments, psalms, classic anecdotes, prayers, & stories of jeremiah aja. enjoy it like a sweaty plastic cup filled with strawberry lemonade & crushed ice.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

at least 30 times

Since last Thursday of last week I have played this video, honestly, a minimum of 30 times. The song was written by John Mark McMillan and has an amazing story behind it. I bought his version on iTunes and almost bought this version, shown below, as well. I cannot get enough of it. And not just the notes, the drums (which are so kickin), or her voice (which must be said - she KILLS this song- sooo good). It's the message I crave - He loves us.

*Side note* - Sorry, I don't mean for this site to turn into a place where there are just youtube vids of Christian songs, I really don't...God's way bigger than just that avenue, so much bigger. Man, am I thankful for that.

But one last thought before you bookmark this video with me - The message, the lyrics, the heart of this song is one that applies to truly everyone. Whether you were born on a Saturday and in church on Sunday and haven't missed a week since, whether you made out with your first boyfriend or girlfriend in the back of the youth room and haven't been back since, whether you hate everything to do with "faith" or "religion" because of something you experienced a little while ago, whether you think have it all nailed down with this showin up at church thing, or whether you have participated in the most unthinkably evil acts - it really doesn't effect the truth presented in this anthem. Maybe you got sick, and I mean really sick, of just how bad we as Christians twist and pervert the message of Jesus to make it meet our own agendas...I'm with you there...and I'm deeply sorry you've had to see that so often. But none of those things, and many more, won't shake the knee buckling truth- He loves us.
my favorite lyric of the song:
"
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy"



From Wilmore, with (His) Love.


13 comments:

b/ said...

I'm with you. I love the sloppy wet kiss line, its John Donne(ish).

Try Eddie Kirkland's version. Also a great version

Sarah said...

so powerful. thank You, God.

Erin Crisp said...

I am lovin this song! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Picturing you alone in a darkened sanctuary, walking around in your characteristic worship-walk while this song is cranked full volume. Makes me miss you, bro. Thanks for sharing. Love you. Lj

Rachael W said...

Amazing, a Father's Love for us ` his children! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love this song and I love singing it with you and Bella. Beautiful memories sweetheart!

L

Jerome Love said...

so great man. i appreciate the link!

Anonymous said...

whoa.

-dana

The LeRoys said...

if grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

Sean Gafner said...

DUDE, this blog is giving some SERIOUS Redding, CA props (I know it's God-props but you're sending people to a Redding Church Site). God is definately doing some rediculous things in this city!!!He IS the God of this city and I am just SO stoked that He has let Rebecca and I be a part of this thing He is doing here. Sure miss you man...see ya soon!

Heather said...

"brace yourself", she says.
nice.

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this. 'nuf said.

love,

LizRice

JD said...

i've listened to this song atleast 25 times in the past day.

and i can't stop from crying...

"my heart turns violently inside of my chest and i don't have time to maintain these regrets when i think about the way that he loves us..."

holy freakin crap, that's a heck of a line... we're doing it here in a few weeks along with cardboard testimonies and two of us are gonna sing just in case one of us breaks down in the middle, lol...