the questions, observations, laments, psalms, classic anecdotes, prayers, & stories of jeremiah aja. enjoy it like a sweaty plastic cup filled with strawberry lemonade & crushed ice.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

my first words to her


First off, here's one of my favorite maternity pics of Lindsay, Baby, and me. Carissa took them and you should call her too.

I wrote a letter to our unborn daughter last night. Lindsay is working up the courage to do it this week too. Here's a handful of lines I wanted to share...
---
Hopefully we do a good job raising you. I guess above all we want you to know that no matter what you do, you wont be able to make us love you any less. We are already so proud of you, just by being here, by being ours. Before you even take your first step _____, I believe in you, and I cant wait to see you fly. Whatever that might mean for you - music, math, or macramé. Seriously, even macramé.
---

I can't wait for you to meet her.

From Wilmore, with Love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"even macramé"....I love that you included macramé.....and noted that you did NOT include basketball.

this baby girl, is one blessed baby girl.

you will be an amazing Dad.

Anonymous said...

oops....the previous comment was from Liz:-)

KellyLawson22 said...

macramé. I love it. This is beautifully written, Jeremiah-- and of course it is! You wrote it! You're a fabulous writer.

I can't wait to meet little Mystery... you're already a terrific dad.

Becca Barnes said...

Little Mystery-- I like that name. Kevin keeps leaning toward obscure OT biblical names but I am voting for Little Mystery for the next of the Barnes brood. Besides it sounds so Hollywood...like he or she will grow up and play with Apple and Inspector...

Seriously, can you come over and write CB's birthday letter each for me. They would sound better if you wrote them.

chad said...

great conversations today. I am glad that we roll together

Anonymous said...

I loved the letter you wrote to her. She is the luckiest girl in the world. I will remind her of that when you ground her for being on the internet for 6 hours straight :)

L